Do you (nearly) have a university degree, like to work with numbers, and are you great at connecting the dots? Our actuarial traineeship could be the start of a bright and rewarding career in the actuarial field.
What you’ll do
Financial products always entail certain risks – for the organisation, the customer, or society. As an actuary, you calculate and evaluate these risks. You are dedicated to tackling complex analytical issues, and with your colleagues, you are responsible for the reporting process.
You translate your analyses into recommendations for colleagues, management and supervisors. Additionally, you’ll also proactively provide well-founded advice if it appears that the used models need to be adjusted.
Some of your tasks will include:
- Quarterly and annual reporting.
- Perform analyses and make estimates.
- Reports and advice towards supervisors.
- Contributing to forecast models.
- Define requirements for shadow models.
What you bring to the table
- You have strong communication skills, are a team player, and dare to take charge.
- You are eager to learn and driven to get the most out of yourself.
- You (almost) have a university degree in actuarial science, econometrics, (financial) mathematics or physics.
- Residing in the Netherlands.
What our traineeship brings to you
Accelerate your development
Get ready to grow. With a jam-packed schedule, you’ll take huge strides in developing knowledge and skills. Plus, you’ll get a personal budget to spend on specialised training and courses.
A personal talent manager
During your traineeship, you’ll be guided by your very own talent manager. By giving you their full focus and personalised advice, you’ll learn a lot about your qualities and how you can unlock your full potential. But it doesn’t stop there; you’ll also find out what your blind spots are and how you deal with pitfalls.
Be a part of a diverse group of young professionals
You’re not in this alone. Share your experiences and knowledge with young professionals from all kinds of backgrounds in both a professional and personal environment. You’ll see that by the end of your traineeship, you’ll have built strong personal and professional relationships with this group of people.
What is in it for you?
- A gross salary of €3,277.78 per month (based on 40 hours).
- Vacation allowance of 8.33% of gross salary and a 13th month pay.
- Personal training budget of €2,000 annually. Free to be spent however you see fit.
- Soft skill training aimed at personal leadership.
- A wide selection of courses focused on topics such as Access, Power BI or Python.
- Training days with a fixed group of young professionals.
- You can start the traineeship anytime.
What an actuarial apprenticeship will bring you
During your actuarial apprenticeship, you immediately start working at a leading bank or insurance company. Such as ING, Tikkie and Nationale Nederlanden. Which organisation will depend on your field of study, skills and, of course, your wishes and aspirations.
You participate in a multidisciplinary team. Together you will work on widely differing projects. After one or two years, your actuary traineeship will end, and the goal is that by now, the client will employ you permanently.
Not your average employer
During your traineeship, you’re employed by Solid Professionals. And let us tell you, we’re not your average employer. We are convinced organisations are built by the people who work for them, which leads us to believe that we need to help our employees achieve their full potential.
Your development and happiness at work are our priority. We aim to be your source of information and knowledge and hope to be someone you can truly rely on. To stay connected with one another, we organise lunches, drinks, BBQs, and sports activities. We also regularly invite interesting guest speakers, so we all stay inspired. With all these fun and interesting activities, you’ll get to know all of your fellow trainees and alumni who have gone through the same process as you.
I’ve applied. What now?
Ready to get started? Don’t hesitate and apply. We’ll get in touch within two working days and schedule a meeting so we can get to know each other a little bit better. Is it a match? Then we would love to introduce you to the team or manager. Is everyone still on board? Then it’s time to gear up and get started. Welcome to the team.