Junior Product Controller
Are you eager to gain experience in a wide range of financial instruments and related financial accounting? Do you see yourself making a significant contribution to the financial performance of an international bank? If so, our role as junior product controller might be right for you!
What you'll do
- You are responsible for the daily profit and loss reporting of multiple Treasury portfolios.
- Financial administration and various other control activities.
- You develop and implement new products, processes, and (regulatory) standards related to Trade Capture, Valuations, Settlements, and Controls.
- Maintaining contact with almost all departments of the bank, such as Markets, Risk Management, Operations, Treasury, Finance Data & Reporting, and IT.
This is you
- Master’s degree in Business Economics, Finance, or Accountancy.
- Solid understanding or personal interest in financial products and the financial administration of a bank.
- Accurate, results-oriented, proactive, independent, and a team player with strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to handle time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent command of the English language.
What our traineeship brings to you
Accelerate your development
Get ready to grow. With a jam-packed schedule, you’ll take huge strides in developing knowledge and skills. Plus, you’ll get a personal budget to spend on specialised training and courses.
A personal talent manager
During your traineeship, you’ll be guided by your very own talent manager. By giving you their full focus and personalised advice, you’ll learn a lot about your qualities and how you can unlock your full potential. But it doesn’t stop there; you’ll also find out what your blind spots are and how you deal with pitfalls.
Be a part of a diverse group of young professionals
You’re not in this alone. Share your experiences and knowledge with young professionals from all kinds of backgrounds in both a professional and personal environment. You’ll see that by the end of your traineeship, you’ll have built strong personal and professional relationships with this group of people.
What we offer
- A gross salary of at least €3,629.53 per month based on 40 hours (including vacation allowance and a 13th month pay).
- 25 annual leave days (based on 40 hours).
- Travel reimbursement.
- Personal training budget of €2,000 per year, to be spent at your discretion.
- Wide range of courses available, covering topics such as CFA, Access, or Power BI.
- Soft skill training focused on personal leadership.
- Start date to be discussed.
Where you'll work
The Product Control team brings together talented people from different disciplines to deliver timely, efficient, and reliable financial and management information to the global Wholesale & Rural business lines. They believe that working in multidisciplinary teams leads to the best results. The Product Control department is a dynamic environment where you are encouraged and supported to learn and grow every day. Work is done according to the LEAN way of working.
Product Control offers young talent the opportunity to advance within the department or elsewhere in this large bank. The department’s hands-on mentality, collaborative spirit and open environment encourage development and knowledge sharing. Product Control acts as a Centre of Competence and supports various locations around the world such as Utrecht, London, New York, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Sydney. As part of the bank’s strategy for alignment with market needs, this position allows you to learn about different markets and optimise support models for departments.
Not your average employer
During your traineeship, you’re employed by Solid Professionals. And let us tell you, we’re not your average employer. We are convinced organisations are built by the people who work for them, which leads us to believe that we need to help our employees achieve their full potential.
Your development and happiness at work are our priority. We aim to be your source of information and knowledge and hope to be someone you can truly rely on. To stay connected with one another, we organise lunches, drinks, BBQs, and sports activities. We also regularly invite interesting guest speakers, so we all stay inspired. With all these fun and interesting activities, you’ll get to know all of your fellow trainees and alumni who have gone through the same process as you.
I’ve applied. What now?
Ready to get started? Don’t hesitate and apply. We’ll get in touch within two working days and schedule a meeting so we can get to know each other a little bit better. Is it a match? Then we would love to introduce you to the team or manager. Is everyone still on board? Then it’s time to gear up and get started. Welcome to the team.